Country Walk Cluster
Welcome to Country Walk Cluster! We are a Cluster Association run a Board of Directors (BOD) consisting of 5 volunteer homeowners and our Community Manager from Sentry Management. Homeowners in this cluster are governed by both Country Walk Cluster and Reston Association standards, so if you are interested in making any additions or modifications to the exterior of your home or property, please see the “Making a Change?” section below.
The Country Walk Cluster BOD works with our Community Manager to sustain contracts for services such as: landscaping, snow removal, trash/recycling, sidewalk maintenance, tot lot maintenance, etc. Additionally, the BOD engages the homeowner community by sharing helpful information on our Facebook page, creating a cluster newsletter, and holding social events to allow homeowners to get to know their neighbors.
✉ If you’d like to be added or removed from the CWCA Email Distribution List, please fill out this short form: Email Request Form
Making a Change?
While CWC Association has its own covenants and design standards, we also must comply with Reston Association’s design standards. If you are interested in making any additions or modifications to the exterior of your home or property, and Reston Association determines that an application is required, than you will need to obtain signatures from both neighbors and one of the CWCA’s BOD prior to submission to Reston Association’s Design Review Board for approval.
- Navigate to RA’s Cluster Design Guidelines to find the topic related to the change you’d like to make (ex. addition of a deck)
- Review the Cluster Guidance on the change to determine if your change requires an application
- If an application is required, fill out RA’s DRB application form accessible from the Cluster Resource Hub
- Verify that your drafted DRB form aligns with the CWCA Design Standard as this provides the specific direction on how the change must be implemented (ex. approved materials and colors)
- Obtain signatures from two neighbors (adjacent lot owner + neighbor within view of the proposed change) as described in Part III of the DRB application under “Individual Property Owner Notification“
- Email completed and signed form to the CWCA Community Manager (See CWCA Points of Contact section below) who will then share it with the CWCA BOD
- A CWCA BOD member with the ability to provide a signature will review the application
- If the application requires revisions, the BOD member will reply with the changes that need to be made
- If the application was filled out correctly, the DRB application will be returned with a signature
- Once signed by the BOD member, send your completed and fully signed DRB application to CWCA’s RA Advisor (See CWCA Points of Contact)
Need to Report an Issue?
If there is an issue in the neighborhood and you’d like to report it, please reach out to Jeneice White ([email protected]). Jeneice is our Community Manager who will be able to get in touch with the appropriate resources to address the issue. Thank you!
CWCA Points of Contact
|*President – Kelly Daly|
|*Vice President – Erin Trager|
|*Treasurer – Ali Zinat|
|*Secretary – Caitlin Ferro|
|Director – Nancy Classen|
|Community Manager (Sentry Mgmt) – Carol Sutton ([email protected])|
|Reston Association Advisor – Richard Zeisler ([email protected])|
*Able to provide Board Officer signatures for DRB applications
Trash, Recycling, & Yard Waste
Trash is picked up Mondays and Thursdays.
Recycling is picked up Fridays.
Yard waste is picked up Wednesday from March-December.
Please have all items at the curb by 6:00 AM on the day of pickup but not before 6:00 PM the day before. We would like to avoid having trash containers left out for several days because it detracts from the cleanliness of the neighborhood. So, please try to retrieve your trash containers and recycling bins promptly. All yard waste should be collected in yard waste bags and placed near the sidewalk’s edge.
Our community has a small handful of visitor parking spots. These are meant for short-term use by visitors and not for residents to park extra vehicles. Ample parking is available along Walnut Branch Road, so please be a good neighbor and preserve our Visitor spaces for actual visitors. Vehicles left in these Visitor spaces over 48 hours will be towed.
Tip: Winterizing Your Home
Don’t forget to prepare your home for winter! Did you know that bursting pipes due to freezing temperatures are the #1 reason for emergency calls to plumbers in the area around the holidays? Be sure to turn off and drain the water to external spigots for the winter and clean your gutters. Having water accumulate in gutters because of debris can cause ice damming and expensive roof damage that’s easily avoided.
Need to Report an Issue?
If there is an issue in the neighborhood and you’d like to report it, please reach out to Carol Sutton ([email protected]). Carol is our Community Manager who will be able to get in touch with the appropriate resources to address the issue. Thank you!